Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You Need What?

So I’m sitting at the computer yesterday posting a blog entry, and my husband’s behind me getting a few things ready for dinner (Gawd, I love that man). 

Well, I did, that is, until he said the following:

Him:  “I need to get a hand bell.”

Me:  “You need a what?”

Him:  “I need a hand bell.”

Me:  “What on earth do you need a hand bell for?”

Him:  “Well, I need a hand bell so that I can just ring it whenever I want you to do something for me.”

Me:  “Are you serious?”

Him:  “Yes, I’m serious.  If you’re 'ruledbybells' then I need a bell so that I can properly rule you.”

Before I can bust out laughing and say  har dee har har  he gets all contemplative, rubs his chin all thoughtful like, and says, very seriously, “Hmm, maybe a nice, big cow bell…yeah, I think I’ll get me one of those.”

And what did I say to that?  Nothing, that’s what!  Hey, he’s my meal ticket and I was hungry!

1 comment: