Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brotherly Love

Lunch line conversations are the best!  The lunch lady often comments how nice she thinks it is that I stay with my class, but really, my motives are purely selfish…some of my best material comes from the lunch line.  Lunch line topics are quite varied, but one of the kids' favorites is bad words.  (There's something to be said for working with a segment of the population for whom "stupid" and "shut up" are bad words.  Too bad most adults don't agree.)  Anyway…

We're in the lunch line the other day and the kids start talking about bad words and one kid says, "We have a jar at our house, and anytime someone says a bad word they have to put money in the jar."  Ah, the old swear jar.  I smile and he continues, "But my grandpa says a lot of bad words and he never puts any money in the jar."  

"Oh goodness," I say, "Grandpa says a lot of bad words, huh?"  

"Yeah," he replies, "but only when he's on the phone."  

In my mind I'm cheering grandpa for giving those pesky telemarketers the what-for, when he continues, "He says a lot of bad words when he talks to his brother."

Hee, hee, hee.  Man, I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment